Sunday, December 12, 2010

These Boots Were Made for Walking



And that's just what they'll do....all over the house, at school, though not outside yet. We still carry the girls to and from the minivan. I figure come spring everyone will be comfortable enough on their feet to walk outside and hopefully old enough to follow instructions and hold hands with us and Joseph. But for now we only walk inside, and as you can see from Leah's face, she quite enjoys it. In the mornings Hannah has now taken to grabbing the winter coats and bringing them to us as if to say, "I've had enough of this place, time to go!" But before we do that, we do breakfast and pony tails. Their hair isn't getting any thicker but it is getting longer and they look quite ridiculous without something to get the hair under control. Leah seems to be the more patient one, as Hannah will only let you do her hair if she is in her chair and her hands are occupied with shoving food into her mouth. And so, I now do their hair during breakfast. But before banana eating begins. I'm not a fan of washing banana out of hair before school. Though they girls did have to take a few baths this week as soon as the jammies were off and we realized the odoriferous splendor that we had walked into was not very well contained. (They do a lot of things together, sometimes pooping is one of them.) I was glad that the night I stayed out late for our work holiday party we had started putting bigger diapers on their butts at night, as there was no time for a bath that morning. The party was at a dueling piano bar in the city, which I quite enjoyed. I might have sang a song or two from my table. One of them may have been the reason for why I was able to come up with this blog title so easily. I still can't figure out why my 80s/90s pop song requests didn't make the cut, but I'm told it's because they aren't well suited to piano and not because I have bad taste. :)

No comments: