
Another funny conversation with Joseph while we were driving home from school the other day. He was playing with a bouncy ball in the backseat and it fell on the ground when we came to a stop. He said the car did it, and I told him no problem, I'd get it for him when we got home. I thought the conversation was over but then a few minutes later the following ensued:
Joseph: Mommy, what kind of face am I making?
Me: I don't know Joseph, it kind of looks like your angry face
Joseph: Yes Mommy, and do you know why I am angry?
Me: No Joseph, why are you angry
Joseph: Because I want my ball RIGHT NOW (not yelling, but with emphasis and pause between the words)
Since I knew he wasn't actually angry and that he was working on communicating his feelings instead of crying or yelling I found this exchange quite amusing. He ended up showing me his happy face and a few other faces the rest of the way home. We are getting ready to depart for our holiday travel extravaganza across the midwest this weekend, so I am sure there will be many more funny stories to come. Please let them all be funny, please no puking or pooping, or tantrums or forgetting someone at a rest stop. (Yes, of course that was a joke, we have never actually forgotten someone at a rest stop)
No comments:
Post a Comment