Hannah and Leah had a weight check today at the doctor's office. Hannah weighs in at a whopping 7lbs 7oz and Leah hit the scale at 7lbs 4.5 oz. Good weight gain for twins and a look of surprise from the doctor when he joked about how calm they were and that they must be like that all the time and I responded with "actually, they are". It's big brother's mood's that aren't very predictable. Joseph had a bit of a meltdown yesterday which Jay thinks was due to hunger. (Apparently the girls are getting plenty of food and we only starve Joseph on occasion) I can't disagree with hunger as a root cause for bad behavior since I tend to get the same way if I go too long without eating....though I try not to stomp my feet and scream and cry at the top of my lungs. The fit didn't last too long though, during and after dinner Joseph was about as perfect as a toddler can get, and amazed us by reciting his own version of "Panda bear panda bear, what do you see?" at the table. And this morning he was pretty happy as he left for school in his pirate costume ready for his field trip to the zoo and halloween celebration with his mates. Tonight should be more good times with trick or treating in the hood with a few bottles and drinks at the home!
Friday, October 30, 2009
Weight Gain and Hunger
Hannah and Leah had a weight check today at the doctor's office. Hannah weighs in at a whopping 7lbs 7oz and Leah hit the scale at 7lbs 4.5 oz. Good weight gain for twins and a look of surprise from the doctor when he joked about how calm they were and that they must be like that all the time and I responded with "actually, they are". It's big brother's mood's that aren't very predictable. Joseph had a bit of a meltdown yesterday which Jay thinks was due to hunger. (Apparently the girls are getting plenty of food and we only starve Joseph on occasion) I can't disagree with hunger as a root cause for bad behavior since I tend to get the same way if I go too long without eating....though I try not to stomp my feet and scream and cry at the top of my lungs. The fit didn't last too long though, during and after dinner Joseph was about as perfect as a toddler can get, and amazed us by reciting his own version of "Panda bear panda bear, what do you see?" at the table. And this morning he was pretty happy as he left for school in his pirate costume ready for his field trip to the zoo and halloween celebration with his mates. Tonight should be more good times with trick or treating in the hood with a few bottles and drinks at the home!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment