And to me it looks and feels more like the end of the third trimester, but I guess that's what happens when there are two babies instead of one. According to my growth measurement on Friday, twin A is 1lb 15oz (39%) and twin B is 2lbs 3oz (49%). (That's 4lbs of baby for those of you less skilled in the art of math...it actually took me a while to figure that out as it seems that hormones and pounds have replaced brain cells and memory.) A ten percent difference can be normal with mono-di twins, but since at my last measurement they were the same I will have weekly appts with the high risk doctor to see how things go over the next few weeks. Everything else checks out though, so no need for concern! They've both been moving around like crazy today. I can't always tell the difference, but tonight there was visible action on all sides of the belly. Aside from growth, there's no other changes, except that I started insulin over the weekend. I'm not the biggest fan of needles, but actually the shots are much better than the finger pricking! I only have to do it before bedtime so it's not that big of a deal. I have my regular every other week visit with the obgyn tomorrow, and then back to the hospital on Friday. They should consider offering spa services while you get your ultrasounds. A facial or a pedicure would be nice while having your belly probed by the transducer.
Monday, August 03, 2009
27 Weeks - End of the Second Trimester!
And to me it looks and feels more like the end of the third trimester, but I guess that's what happens when there are two babies instead of one. According to my growth measurement on Friday, twin A is 1lb 15oz (39%) and twin B is 2lbs 3oz (49%). (That's 4lbs of baby for those of you less skilled in the art of math...it actually took me a while to figure that out as it seems that hormones and pounds have replaced brain cells and memory.) A ten percent difference can be normal with mono-di twins, but since at my last measurement they were the same I will have weekly appts with the high risk doctor to see how things go over the next few weeks. Everything else checks out though, so no need for concern! They've both been moving around like crazy today. I can't always tell the difference, but tonight there was visible action on all sides of the belly. Aside from growth, there's no other changes, except that I started insulin over the weekend. I'm not the biggest fan of needles, but actually the shots are much better than the finger pricking! I only have to do it before bedtime so it's not that big of a deal. I have my regular every other week visit with the obgyn tomorrow, and then back to the hospital on Friday. They should consider offering spa services while you get your ultrasounds. A facial or a pedicure would be nice while having your belly probed by the transducer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment