Sunday, August 23, 2009

Joseph's First Real Ow-Wee

Yes, it's true. Joseph has had his first real "ow-wee" (as he calls them). He and I stopped at the park the other night on the way home from daycare and reached a point where he wasn't listening very well so I issued the "if you don't stop doing that, then we're going home" statement. And in typical 2 year old fashion (or at least typical 2yr old Joseph fashion) he looked me right in the eye, threw the wood chips, and smiled, so I grabbed his hand and we started walking away from the playground. When we were almost out of the park he tried to pull me back the other way and when that didn't work he dropped his weight like a sack of potatoes in the direction that he wanted to go (which was of course the opposite direction that I was going) and can you guess what happened next? One of the bones in his arm pulled away from his elbow, and there you have it, his first real owe-wee. I figured something was wrong because he wasn't pulling anymore. ;) And holding his arm and not being able to climb into his car seat was another clue. So Jay met us at home and even though Joseph tried to persuade us it was "all better" so that he could watch woody and buzz, we were not convinced. So off to children's hospital they went, I packed them a bag of snacks and drinks thinking it would be one of those epic emergency room adventures, but they were in and had the bone twisted back in place in minutes. And when he arrived back home he enjoyed a nice "big treat" (popsicle on a stick).

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Does he have a sling or cast?? This sounds like another strike to me!!!! We love you little man!!!

Brian said...

Don't fee too bad! I did the same thing to Kieran last summer...OUCH! It's really easy to do with their little arms to get pulled!