Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Week 23 and all is well!

We've entered the 23rd week of the pregnancy and boy does it show! I think I have to retract what I said about the "growth" slowing down as now that I see myself on film I have to admit that the belly is growing at a fairly steady pace. We had our monthly appointment with the doctor this week and the heartbeat now sounds more like an actual heart as opposed to a choo-choo train. The doctor gave me the delicious looking orange carbonated drink to gulp before my next appointment to check for diabetes. (I detest orange pop but I think I can manage). And we've found ourselves a pediatrician nearby that comes highly recommended from several friends. He isn't associated with the hospital where we will deliver, but that's no problem because my obgyn is also a ped and said she will do the initial slap on the butt and inspection. My feet seem to have gone back to almost their regular size so I guess they must have been swollen last week. And last but not least...I can feel the baby move on a fairly regular basis, usually right when I wake up in the morning and then several more times throughout the day. Hopefully Jay will be able to feel it soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Feeling the baby move is one of the most awesome wonders of nature!

April said...

I agree. Feeling those little body parts move around inside is pretty awesome. There's no other way to describe it. I still get gas bubbles that make me think something is moving around in there.