Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Boots, Cribs, and Cookies

We experienced our first blizzard in Milwaukee on Friday, which resulted in about a foot of snow and temperatures under 20 degrees (when I woke up the other morning it was 8 degrees outside). And so the pregnant lady now wears boots as part of her latest fashionable attire. Provided Rosco doesn't see any rabbits as I'm walking through an icy patch I think I'll be ok (not that I'm going on very long walks these days...I'm a bit of a wimp in the cold). And I even still have a winter coat that zips (though I look like George Costanza when I wear it, remember the puffy coat?)
Since we ended up with a free weekend and couldn't enjoy the snow by going sledding (due to the belly), Jay and I went and looked at baby furniture. Similar to the baby registry experience shopping for baby furniture is not quite as fun as looking for regular furniture. ;) We were however able to nail down what color wood we'd like, but we'll need to work on picking out a style. (crib with a drop side, crib without a drop side, crib with a hinge on the side, changing station vs. dresser) And we've settled on a wall color, it's a shade of light green, which probably contains a hint of khaki or taupe in it which is why I like it.
Despite the cold, I seem to be on an ice cream kick lately. Though I don't seem to be growing as fast, which is quite a relief! For a while I was afraid I was headed for the 80 pound pregnancy. (Not that there's anything wrong with that. ) I've packed in 20 so far, and I'm sure with Christmas and Chanukah that won't hold for long (cuz I love me some latkes and cookies). Yes mom, I realize that's not proper English. ;)

No comments: