




We celebrated my 36th birthday on Thursday, and all went out to Maxie's for dinner followed by bakins robbins ice cream cake (mint chocolate chip which was my favorite as a kid and now Joseph's favorite as well) and presents at home. Despite all the food and excitement (I think Hannah and Leah were just as excited for my birthday as I was, Hannah even asked several times "aren't you soooo excited mom???") the kids went to bed right away and Jay and I watched Argo on the big screen (as in our television). I took Friday off and got about 6 inches cut from my head (the loss of hair was referred to as a small animal on the floor), a pedicure (I may have jumped the gun on this seeing as it is still in the 30s as opposed to last year hitting 80, but still enjoyed myself), and then spent the afternoon catching up on Grey's Anatomy and playing with Hannah and Leah. We picked Joseph up right as he was getting off the bus (which was the deal previously negotiated since he had to go to school that day and we got to stay home), and then Jay and I had a nice dinner out on Friday followed by Joseph and I celebrating our birthdays together on Saturday with my parents and sister. Several times Hannah asked why we weren't celebrating her birthday, or how long until her birthday?, is it a short time or long time until October?, why can't we go trick or treating?, but fortunately these questions stopped after she and Leah got "party bags" from Bubbie and turned into "rockstars" (Hannah's words) with their new sunglasses. It was a great weekend, and I am already looking forward to some more time off work in a week while Joseph is on spring break and we get to have more fun with family visits!
No comments:
Post a Comment