

This weekend was full of little funny moments, and we of course don't remember even half of them but there are a few that haven't escaped us yet. We always have something messy on the weekend for lunch or dinner right before bath time, and Saturday it was ravioli. Then with the girls faces all full of sauce we tell them it's time for a tubby, which brings much squealing and excitement. So much excitement in fact, that as both of them were standing by the tub and I was taking Hannah's diaper off, Leah could no longer contain herself and took a head first dive into the air. Fortunately for both of us, I have cat like reflexes and caught her just before she reached the water. Not even a wet hair, and surprisingly, no crying from either lady. Meanwhile across town Joseph was enjoying his first trip to the toy store with Jay. They went to Toys R Us to pick out a new bike and of course he noticed lots of other things he wanted to bring home as well. He's grown so much that his knees hit the handle bars on his tricycle and bicycle so they are now on reserve for the girls. Though he insisted he was "big enough" to still ride his tricycle all the way to the park last weekend, so we did, and it was quite a funny site. He didn't quite grasp that sometimes you can be "too big" for something. He's definitely getting stronger and more confident, and swam by himself for the first time at swim lessons with the noodle under him to hold him up. We plan to start him in soccer at some point since that is his favorite alley past time. Hannah's also taken an interest in sports, and had fun throwing balls around the basement yesterday. Both girls also spent time dancing and stomping their feet on the ground (picture Flashdance walking in place like steps). Last night Joseph and I went down to a family party in IL, and on the way back Joseph asked if we could drive through the long tunnel with lights. It took me a minute, but eventually I realized he was referring to the tunnel in Wheeling. I wasn't up for driving 10 hours, so he then decided it would be a good idea to go to Bubbie and Papa's and have a nice big lunch at old macdonald's. I wasn't into that idea either since it was over an hour in the opposite direction, and so we continued on our way back home. Oh...and did I mention he also thinks he lives in Minnesota? We passed a police car at one point and I asked him to tell me what he says if he's lost and finds a policeman. His response was "My name is Joseph Dominic Conway and I live in Minnesota". We're working on correcting that one, though I'm sure Grandma wouldn't mind if he showed up on her door step!
1 comment:
Grandma would absolutely love it!!!
Post a Comment