Friday, January 14, 2011

Joseph's Favorites

Joseph had a pretty fun homework assignment last weekend, which was to decorate and fill a brown bag with his favorite things. It didn't take Joseph too long to answer questions on his this subject, he spent about 10 minutes with Jay documenting all of his favorites and then I went to work on the computer finding pictures and adding items to my grocery list. I then of course plotted the perfect design for the outside of the bag, but let Joseph put stickers and things where he wanted and had him write his own name and a few other things that he's learned. He also got to practice with scissors and glue, and drew a nice portrait of Rosco to put in the bag along with the treats for his friends. Another thing we talked about was what he wants to be when he grows up. Answer: Ironman. A few days later Joseph asked Jay what he's going to be when he grows up. Jay said "how about your daddy?" To which Joseph replied with "no daddy not what you are, what you are going to be when you grow up!" And so Jay is also going to be a super hero, Batman. And I'm going to be a cowboy girl. These are all Joseph's ideas of course. He continues to amuse us with his seriousness. For example, this morning when we were struggling to get him into the bathroom to go potty and I busted out the "Joseph if you aren't in that bathroom by the time I count to three then no tv after school" and just as I started counting he matter of factly in a very sweet voice said "well that's good because I don't want any tv after school". I got nothing if the 1-2-3 doesn't work anymore. But I digress.....now onto the list of current favorites!

Favorite Color: yellow
Favorite Dinner: chicken nuggets
Favorite Treat: tinkerbell & toy story gummies
Favorite Movie: toy story 3
Favorite Place to Go: the zoo
Favorite Teams: buckeyes, steelers, penguins, pirates and brewers
Favorite Song: all the single ladies
Favorite Letter: A
Favorite Number: 100
Favorite Drink: apple juice
Favorite Stuffed Animal: grover
Favorite Snack: gold fish
Favorite Game: hide and seek
Favorite TV Show: backyardigans
Favorite Thing to do on the Computer: nick jr
Favorite Books: franklin, frog & toad, where the wild things are and dr suess stories

No comments: