Saturday, September 25, 2010

Mama and Dada



We are pretty sure that Hannah and Leah are saying "mama" and "dada". Or these just happen to be the next logical phase of sounds after "ra ra ra ra". Not sure I will count it as their first words yet, but Leah's "mama" is pretty clear, and so is Hannah's "dada". (Clearly they've made their picks.) Leah has turned into quite the eater over the past month, she eats as though she is in competition with her sister, even though Hannah has a completely separate chair and tray of food, well at least at home. At daycare they had to be separated at meal time because Leah kept taking Hannah's food. I'm guessing at their one year weigh in Leah will have caught up to her not so bigger, bigger sister. They are down to two bottles a day and loving the three meals plus two snacks. (Sometimes a third snack to promote happiness and reduce screaming.) Their eyes are still what I am calling hazel (dark grey with a ring of light brown around the pupils), but we think their hair is starting to look more golden. Still straight as can be! Leah is starting to suck her thumb more and more...it used to be a sign of sleepiness but now I think in general she uses it to calm herself down. Around 4pm each day at daycare she crawls up a little ramp and into a pit of stuffed animals and lays there on her back cuddling with her thumb in her mouth (this is after crying of course). I can't seem to remember when we took Joseph's pacifier away, but I hesitate to pull the plug on Hannah's. I think he was able to talk, so he must have been older. Are other people's memories better than this? Seriously, I can keep track of a zillion things I need to do in a given day but can't for the life of me remember details like this. Perhaps my brain has run out of long term storage. (Note to self: clean out brain).

1 comment:

April said...

You were debating about taking away the plug full-time when you visited out here.