

Let's see....where did the craziness begin. I suppose for Joseph it started with the fall he took on the playground at schoolyesterday that resulted in a huge lump on his forehead. But for me it began with lunch at qdoba. As soon as I had finished my salad I knew something was amiss. I avoided hurling at the dentist but exploded after returning home, and continued throughout the evening. After drifting off to sleep, I woke up to Jay saying "didn't you hear the sirens?" We turned on the tv to see what was going on, and then decided to move all sleeping children to the basement due to the tornadoes that had been spotted around southeastern Wisconsin and the craziness going on outside our windows. After getting everyone back into their beds and seeing pictures of the destruction in other towns, I at last drifted off to sleep and was pleased in the morning to find that my stomach issues had subsided. (Though I was starving since I hadn't eaten since 1pm the previous day) And since I had to keep fasting for blood tests this morning, I sat at the kitchen table, not eating, but catching up on work emails and chatting with Joseph. And then in slow motion I see an accident unfold in front of me. Joseph fell off his chair and the chair then toppled on top of him. And then there was blood. And while I was trying to figure out where the blood was coming from and if it would warrant a trip to the emergency room, Jay was outside unloading the back of the 4runner, watching a case of pop hit the ground and explode, and discovering that in his haste to grab all perishables out of the car last night during the storm, he must have pressed the button on the key fob to roll down the back window. It was about this time that I located the "laceration" on Joseph's head and knocked on the kitchen window to catch Jay's eye. And off they went to the ER for stitches. I could hear the sounds of cans crunching and sprite splashing as he drove off down the alley. I then quickly got ready and took the girls to daycare, arriving at the doctor's office just in the nick of time. Many hours have passed with much playtime and eating, and no vomiting, so I think all is back to normal in crazy town now. Though I don't think I'll be eating at qdoba again anytime soon, and I'm strongly considering doing breakfast on the floor.
3 comments:
Oh man... what a sequence of events! It's that crazy how they always seem to happen in bunches like that? When it rains it pours, right!?!
As for the nasty weather you guys had - I'm glad you are all safe and didn't get hit. Rick's cousin was actually hit hard last night... house trashed, vehicles totalled, etc. It is quite a mess in their neighborhood!
Holy crap! What a day for you all. Will the stitches dissolve or will you have to go back and have them taken out? Hopefully he'll never want to shave his head and the scar will forever be hidden :)
Yikes Angie! At least they are all ok!
And as far as the stitches go...they were supposed to be dissolvable. Then the doctors changed shifts and the new doc that actually put the stitches in used ones that don't dissolve. And so I have now filed a complaint asking who is going to pay for said stitches to come out, and added yet another dr appt to my to do list for next week. I am seriously contemplating taking them out myself.
Post a Comment