Saturday, June 05, 2010

Random Weekend Ramblings



A few weeks ago Joseph went to the grocery store with me. I usually let him pick something out but this time I'm not quite sure what I was thinking. Somehow I figured it was best to have him pick out one huge cupcake instead of buying a package of six much smaller ones. (If only he had wanted an apple that day.) Today we went to the zoo in the morning, and checked out a few animals that aren't part of our normal routine like the birds in the aviary and the spider monkeys. (Joseph's favorites are still the sea urchins, anemones, and jelly fish). We realized when Leah woke up that she had a temperature, so we came back home and everyone took naps. Leah in fact still has a temperature and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it breaks soon. It will be extremely difficult for everyone if that doesn't happen, as that means she must have something other than teeth coming in and it of course prevents us from going to daycare on Monday. She threw up for the first time which I actually think was from me over stuffing her at dinner since she didn't eat as much throughout the day. We were both covered in a mixture of formula and pureed mac n cheese with veggies. (Too bad I didn't get a shot of that for the blog.) The day wasn't bad though, Joseph and I spent a little bit of time at the pool before it rained. He is getting more comfortable with going under water and had fun practicing his floating and kicking. While we were doing that, Jay got to relax and play a little xbox while the ladies napped. Last night I enjoyed "dining out week" in milwaukee with friends and sat outside and had a three course meal for $20. This was followed up with sex and the city at our fabulous ipic theater. Tonight will be equally enjoyable with the husband, hopefully relaxing on the couch catching up on the office or modern family. Or maybe law and order. (Ah law and order.....you will be missed.)

No comments: