
Joseph has been so excited for his birthday for so long....and it's finally here! We made cupcakes together last night, and this morning he begged to have them for breakfast. Instead he had a waffle and half of a banana with a candle stuck in it. We then drove the cupcakes to daycare (along with his sisters) and ran them into the building during the torrential downpour that was occurring. And wouldn't you know I made it all the way inside before any of those darn cupcakes tipped over? I'm sure none of the kids realized I used my finger to smear all the frosting back on. Joseph helped me carry them to his room and again lobbied for eating them right away, but was quickly distracted by the flannels that awaited him on the floor (dinosaurs, animals, and all kinds of laminated pictures with velcro on them that stick to a flannel pad on the wall). When I arrived to pick him up he was outside playing with the big bubble wand. He agreed to leave right away so that we could go home and "celebrate" his birthday. And so I packed him into the back of the van, went and collected his sisters, and off we headed down the road, through the tree park and back to our house (Joseph's favorite route) where Daddy awaited him with balloons. For dinner we served dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, followed by a cherry cheesecake that Jay made which was "just right" (Joseph's words). We topped the night off with Backyardigans and new puzzles (in our rain boots of course). And for the first time, tucked our little man into bed with little underwear on. I can't believe he's three!
No comments:
Post a Comment