Saturday, September 12, 2009

Getting Ready for the Girls




For anyone who doubted the magnitude of the belly that has become, evidence has now been provided. Twin A weighs 4lbs 3oz and Twin B weighs 4lbs 1 oz.....imagine what the belly will become in a few weeks! Both are now head down, but I guess that really doesn't mean anything in identical twin world since both babies are attached to the same placenta and one can move or get turned around after the first comes out (hence the c-section, which I think I'm still leaning towards). In addition to adding the second crib to the baby room, we also spruced up the walls with some flowers to add a bit of a girl twist to what was once Joseph's room. Basically the main color is still green, but now has pink, brown, white, and blue accents. I think I've only got one load of baby stuff left to wash, and then I just need to pack our bag for the hospital and we're set. Jay will be getting out the swing soon, and will hopefully be finding the minivan of our dreams soon (what a ridiculous statement to make) so that we have a vehicle that fits three car seats and all our stuff. Other than that we're just relaxing this weekend, watching football and Handy Manny. Tomorrow night we'll be going out to dinner to celebrate our 6yr anniversary. It may be our last evening out together without kids for quite some time! We're planning to spend the majority of the winter in the man room watching sports and playing Wii while the younger Conways sleep soundly upstairs (yes, I'm still under the dissolution that the girls will be great sleepers just like Joseph was). We shall see!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Sounds like you guys are just about ready... now all you need is for the next few weeks to pass by, right!?! You look great!! And I love the room as well - it's so cute and very calming. Hope all is going well and make sure you make it out for that time alone with your hubby!