Tuesday, September 01, 2009

The Biggest Baby Belly I've Ever Had

The combined weight of the twins has officially passed Joseph's birth weight of 6lbs 14oz. The girls are fast approaching 4lbs and as of Friday they were estimated around 3lbs 10oz each. I measure at full term but of course am not at full term yet. Twin A gets the hiccups quite a bit, and I can now tell the difference between one moving around versus the other (it helps that at present they are on perfectly separate sides of my belly. Jay is amazed at all the body parts you can feel moving around. Crowded quarters makes for a lot more action I guess!) Things are going pretty good for me other than my back hurting off and on and whatever it is that's going on with my hands (related to swelling...could be carpel tunnel), it's hard to make a fist at times, but hopefully that will all go away afterwards. Weekly biophysicals start next week, where they check each baby for breathing, blood flow and things like that (done using an ultrasound) and if all continues the way it has then we have about 7 weeks left until we become a party of five. We are still targeting Oct 16th for a c-section, but who knows what the little ladies have planned. I'd like to say that I'm in control, but I don't think that will happen until a few months after they arrive. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Children always let you think you are in control, but you never will be again!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Its only the second baby belly you've ever had!!!!!!