Sunday, July 12, 2009

Joseph's Big Boy Bed


We did it! We made our move to the "big boy room" last night after Joseph returned from Minnesota. Figured it was good timing since he'd been staying in a different room all week and was completely wiped out from an action packed vacation with the grandparents and Aunt Trish. So last night he crawled into his bed, Jay read him a book, and Joseph then said to us "I lay down here" and that was that. We said goodnight and walked out of his room and he was asleep within minutes. We were awoken several times at night (because we had the monitor on just in case), but each time Jay went up to check on him he was still in his bed, so we assume it was either his arm or head whacking the wall as he moved around. I think tonight we'll turn the volume down a bit lower. ;) This morning at 6:15 when we awoke to calls of "Mommy" and "Daddy", we figured he'd be standing at the gate we put up in his doorway, but instead Jay found him sitting cross-legged on his bed. He then told Jay "I want to get up", Jay said "ok", and Joseph then crawled out of bed and started playing. The pictures are actually from his nap time today, which was a little more challenging because he usually prefers to play instead of taking a nap, so I laid there with him until he fell asleep (didn't take long). So far I'd have to say that this is much easier than we thought it was going to be....pretty nice when that happens!

No comments: