Well apparently it's true, two babies do take up more space than one. If you had to take a guess and didn't know me you'd probably put me at the end of my second trimester instead of towards the beginning. I seriously don't even think I'm eating that much, but I am trying to get some carbs in now while I can because I get tested "early" for gestational diabetes this week. Oh well, the upside is that this time I have the clear drink instead of the nasty orange and cola flavors that I've had before. And of course the more obvious upside of not being able to gain much weight on a diet of vegetables, nuts, cheese, meat, and fish. Oh yeah, and eggs. Yummmm. (is the sarcasm coming across?) But until then, bagels and fruit for breakfast it is! I'm also making pasta sauce. Wishful thinking that I'll make it through the entire batch before having to prick my finger after each meal.
Sunday, May 17, 2009
16 Weeks and Growing!
Well apparently it's true, two babies do take up more space than one. If you had to take a guess and didn't know me you'd probably put me at the end of my second trimester instead of towards the beginning. I seriously don't even think I'm eating that much, but I am trying to get some carbs in now while I can because I get tested "early" for gestational diabetes this week. Oh well, the upside is that this time I have the clear drink instead of the nasty orange and cola flavors that I've had before. And of course the more obvious upside of not being able to gain much weight on a diet of vegetables, nuts, cheese, meat, and fish. Oh yeah, and eggs. Yummmm. (is the sarcasm coming across?) But until then, bagels and fruit for breakfast it is! I'm also making pasta sauce. Wishful thinking that I'll make it through the entire batch before having to prick my finger after each meal.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You look great, Jessica! I hope you are pleasantly surprised and don't have to prick your finger after every meal! wouldn't that be cool!?! I hope things are continuing to go well - and I'm assuming that by the smile on your face (and the "no news is good news" philosophy) that things are...
Take care and have fun with the tasty drinks this week.
Post a Comment