Monday, May 28, 2012
And We're Back!
It's been a while since the last post....sorry for the brief hiatus. We've been having lots of fun but have also both been busy at work so the three day weekend came just in time! Saturday I went to the farmers market in Madison while it was raining in the morning and Jay and the kids enjoyed a new movie, and after I arrived back with herbs, bacon, cheese, tomatoes and other yummy items the sun was out. We took everyone for a walk to a new park not far from the house, then circled back for dinner at a cafe down the street, and couldn't resist stopping in for gelato before heading back home. Sunday we did another walk, this time to the bakery for donuts and drinks, and then we stopped at the park at what will be Joseph's elementary school this fall. Later we enjoyed a fun cookout with friends in our old neighborhood, and outside again this morning for more fun in the sun with bubble guns and water play in the yard. We all had a great time, except for maybe Rosco who was forced to have a bath once we were done with the play pool. Girls are now tucked in bed, storms are in full swing outside, and Jay and Joseph are putting together the lego imperial v-wing star fighter. Oh and did I mention that Hannah and Leah are potty trained? They are still in diapers at night, but for about a month now have been in underwear and going to the bathroom on the potty! No more swim diapers! And Joseph has started spelling! Today he did spider, ball, and mint. He was wearing a spiderman shirt, is signed up for baseball this summer, and made mint chocolate chip ice cream with Jay and I today. And now I'm debating....House or The Big C? We already watched the Modern Family and Office season finales, and I caught up on my drama viewing (I cannot believe they left Grey's Anatomy with so many open questions....it was like the Empire Strikes Back....only with doctors and dreamies instead of star ships and stormtroopers) Actually the more pertinent question....Frog and Toad or Sir Cumference?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







1 comment:
Yeah for no diapers! ~ April
Post a Comment