Sunday, April 29, 2012

Girly Girls

I have been trying to post this picture for over a week now, and can't seem to get it to upload the right way no matter what I try and have spent way to much time trying, hence the sideways view of Hannah and Leah hugging last weekend.  They are quite the girly girls.  They love dresses, the color pink, having their hair in two braids or two pigtails, getting their nails painted, wearing different kinds of shoes and hoodies with pockets.  And when Hannah runs she kind of bounces with her hands out to the side by her hips.  Hannah is brought to tears at any hint of a stern tone, and Leah frequently needs hugs to feel better.  I know they look like me.....but I'm not quite sure they act like me (at least not as it relates to being pretty in pink).  And I don't think Jay liked dresses or shoes when he was younger either (I don't think I even need to ask that question!).  Maybe they are the kid version of the adult version of me? (minus the pink....even as an adult I have a hard time with that color.  Though I took a big step this weekend and purchased a shirt with a "coral" stripe in it).  They can of course be whatever they want to be and like whatever they like to like.  Right now I think Hannah would choose to be an Elephant and Leah would say she was going to be a Rhino when she grows up.  Pink ones of course.

No comments: