





I think this may be the longest I've ever gone without posting something....though I have been taking pictures all the while. I am after all, still me. And the kids are, still quite cute. Hannah in fact knows how to cheese for the camera, and will ham it up when given the opportunity, whereas Leah will turn and run away and refuse to look in your direction when the photo snapping device appears. Joseph, well he could go either way. Sometimes he likes to make all kinds of different faces and then review them himself in the viewer. He hasn't started approving his own photos yet, so for now I still have control. He took some pictures with the camera at school of his friends, and so far he's having a good time with 4K (they call it kindergarten, some might call it preschool). He learned about apples and had some fall homework where he had to cut out his own apple on paper and then color it, and then the class went to an apple orchard to learn about the types of different apples and pick their own from a tree. This past weekend he had to draw a bat and come up with an interesting bat fact to share with his class (he told his friends that bats eat mosquitoes, and I in turn learned how to spell the word mosquitoes) The girls have been getting some assignments too and I have to say, they are doing a good job at introducing us slowly to this homework concept but it causes just a bit of fear of what is to come. Joseph can now zip up some of his coats and the girls can both put theirs on (and you must let them do it by themselves or brace yourselves for quite a scene, they are both quite independent). When Hannah does it she then shouts, "I did it, I did it!" and Leah sometimes will clap and say "Yea". The girls have the same reaction when they go potty. They aren't doing it all the time, and we're not really able to keep up with it, but they practice at daycare quite a bit. It's possible that underwear is in our future. Twin beds are also in our future, but we haven't gotten around to that yet. As you can see, the girls crib mattresses are on the floor in their room and that's what we've been using ever since our little escapee (Leah) started treating the crib like a playground jungle gym. And as it turns out, she just likes to escape. She frequently makes appearances long after her bedtime, to the point where Joseph now says as part of his bedtime routine "but I'm hungry and thirsty, don't let Rosco in here, watch for Leah, and I love you". We have found Leah in Joseph's room on several evenings, or noticed her head poking around the corner of his doorway with what appears to be a smirk, and have also had Joseph get out of bed several times to alert us to the wandering girl. Hannah however sleeps through all of this, and lays quietly in bed after being tucked in for the night. Then in the morning you find them either giggling together on one of their mattresses covered in blankets, or a few times we've found them in Joseph's room attempting to wake him up. The three of them do enjoy each other's company...most of the time.
No comments:
Post a Comment