Thursday, September 08, 2011

First Day of School!

First Day of School, First Day of School! (All you Nemo fans will know this little chant) Joseph started 4K on Tuesday at Grandma's House (where all the kids have gone for daycare). He was pretty excited because it meant that show and tell was starting back up. He quickly selected his bat mobile and batman figure to bring in, and later decided that he should also bring in his batman costume for full effect. In addition to show and tell, he also had to think about what his favorite recipe was (he decided on star wars cookies) so I wrote that down for him, and he then put his name on the top of the page all by himself. The letter "S" has been a tricky one but he didn't need any help this time. He's also learned our address, and now the debate is, what phone number to teach him? I mean really, three phone numbers does seem a bit much for him to need to know. I guess we'll start with the home phone number, and then move on to my cell number. Such dilemmas. Joseph also had school supplies for the first time! A pencil box, scissors, glue sticks, regular glue, crayons, markers, notebooks and folders. I made the mistake of buying him a cool transformers pencil box before realizing that the items were all "shared". Oops! I warned the teacher that she may need to give him the transformer box first in order to avoid any catastrophic event. In a few weeks, Joseph has a field trip to the theater downtown to see Seussical the musical, followed by a visit to a farm. And before you know it, it'll be Halloween!

No comments: