skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Q is for Quelf



Joseph has show and tell every Wednesday (though we did not realize this until recently, so we've missed the past few Wednesdays, which I gotta be honest, irritates me slightly. Kind of like missing homework, only not so much). Well anyway, this week the letter for show and tell is Q. We've done R before, and that was fun because he brought in raisins for everyone in the class. And then we had M for monster, and I think it was O for Optimus Prime (as opposed to T for transformer). And this week, well this week is Q. Q! There is q-tip and quarter of course, though I could see something going terribly wrong with these items, which removes them as candidates to take to class. Quail and quill. Neither of which we have in the house. I thought of making a Quiz (or actually friends thought of that, I just like the idea) but I'm not sold on it because it's not really "show and tell" it's more "look what I came up with". And so far after looking through our things tonight our best ideas are the Quack Quack Quack book or the Riddler who has a Question Mark on his shirt. Now if it was Jay and I doing show and tell, we would go with Quelf. It's a board game and it is fabulous. At first I was skeptical (I was tired the first night we played, and as my to be brother in law pointed out, I wasn't winning which doesn't put me in the best of moods) but I have to say it is quite an amusing game. We played around the table at the Grogg house in Winona two nights in a row, and if we didn't have to come home we probably would have gone for a third round of singing love songs to each other, speaking of ourselves in the third person, crying like willow trees, and wrapping ourselves in gift wrap (actually, I refused to do that. I took the penalty of moving back two spaces). We're back at home, and on the way home we stopped twice for Joseph to go potty (much preferred to the alternative). The second time it was for the big p double o - p. He thought at first that we were going to make him go on the road, but we explained that we were going to go inside somewhere. We ended up at Starbucks (though no need for a drink as I had already had a latte from McDonalds) and as I was trying to speed Joseph along for fear that there was a line forming outside the door, he asked who would be waiting. I said other little boys and daddys (we were in the men's room...twas the only one available). He asked what their names were and I responded with "I'm not sure" to which he exclaimed "you mean they are STRANGERS????" I said yes, strangers sometimes go potty too. We really need to start writing more of these conversations down, as the comedy just doesn't Quit around here. (he said something Quite funny to his cousin Oliver over the weekend, something about "no not him, someone taller") But alas, I did not document the moment and now have to rely on my very unreliable short term memory. Que sera sera...
1 comment:
Que sera sera starts with a "Q"!
Post a Comment