Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Blizzard

I have to say I expected more, but I guess our friends to the south got a bit worse. We got enough to not be able to get out of either door in our house this morning (Rosco had to hold himself a bit longer then usual while Jay attempted to get his arm and a small kid size shovel out the door to dig out enough room to be able to get his body outside). And it was also enough to cause all the local schools, stores, and many businesses (including the office that I work in) to close. Jay spent about three hours outside plowing us out and helping neighbors with clearing out their sidewalks and paths into their houses and garages. He even raked some snow off the roof (Rosco was extremely jealous watching him do all this). I stayed inside with the kids and got some work done while they enjoyed movies and some coloring. Joseph got to go to his friend Ruthie's house behind us after the path was cleared, and now we are enjoying some quite time while everyone naps. Jay and I don't really nap, we just kind of lounge. Hope everyone is enjoying the big dig out in their area!

No comments: