

I don't know how this cow became the symbol of the Wisconsin State Fair for us, but we now feel as though we have to go each year just so we can capture this moment. Though if it had been as hot and humid as it had been all week, I think I would have been ok with skipping a year. But this morning was perfect, so we packed everyone up and headed out in search of food on a stick and our first trip down the slide. Jay and Joseph went down together and it was of course a big hit. We enjoyed the usual cream puff, I tried out the fried pb&j on a stick (positively delightful), Jay had the more traditional deep fried snickers (which amazingly we'd never had before), and Joseph decided that he wanted some fruit. Thankfully I recalled seeing a fruit stand amongst the sea of fried foods and beer stands. And would you believe he even drank half a glass of chocolate milk? (we're lucky if he drinks that much milk in a week, hence the "gummy bears" at breakfast each morning.) We left the grounds right around lunchtime just as the people watching was starting to get more amusing. I should have worn my darker sunglasses.
1 comment:
Think you should name the cow!!!!
Post a Comment