Tuesday, August 03, 2010

I Have a Good Idea


Joseph has been sounding more like Jay and I this week, telling us all about the "good ideas" he has, and commending us on our manners (the other day Jay said please and Joseph responded with "good job Daddy I like your manners") Tonight his good idea was to finish his puzzle, take a bath, and read three books. We were short on time since we had fun grilling burgers after the girls went to bed, and then having dinner together with the little man, so we compromised on just the puzzle and bath. But Joseph was being so good that we ended with a "bonus book" (amazing how special something sounds when you put the word bonus in front of it). I think he was even convinced tonight to give some of the board books to his sisters (of course with the reward that he could go pick out a few new ones.) We'll see if he remembers that this weekend! His memory is pretty impressive at times. The other day he told Jay that he was three. And then he would be four, and then he would be five, and then he could go on the big kid playground at the zoo. (he was recalling our explanation from 10 days ago when we were there!) Now if only we could get him to understand that yesterday is not last year, and later is still today.

No comments: