Thursday, June 04, 2009

Our First Prom...Together


Now if it were photos from our proms back in high school, Jay would have been sportin a mullet and I would have been wearing a very stylish banana clip back in the early 90s (I still think the banana clip dos look good, but can't say the same for the mullets). For this prom we were out in our neighbors back yard, slow dancing and bustin a groove to popular 80s hits and more recent hip hop (bend over to the front and touch your toes). Hmmm, wonder why there wasn't any country music....
It's funny that you don't realize how big you are until you see yourself captured on film. This time around my belly is super high and super huge compared to when I was pregnant with Joseph (yes, I do realize there are two babies in there but c'mon...that's 14 oz of baby instead of 7). But according to the dietitian, I am "right where I need to be" in weight gain and need to continue gaining a pound a week. I was confused as to how exactly I would do this while on a low carb diet, but to my surprise and utter happiness I am being allowed 30-45 carbs per meal this time and 2000 calories a day. Now it would be nice if those 2000 calories could include a smoothie or huge bowl of pasta, but I'll be ok with apples dipped in peanut butter and a cup of pasta with two meatballs instead. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Think you both look great!!!!