Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Anatomy Scan....Check!




Today we had our "marathon ultrasound", aka full anatomy scan on both babies. While we're not sure how many toes each baby has or who's feet belong to who, we do know that all limbs, organs, chambers, spines, and heads are accounted for (see two heads pictured above). The girls (yes, they are definitely girls) are facing each other and both feet down so all that could be seen from the 2D ultrasound was a big foot party going on at the bottom of my belly. They each weigh in at 11oz and are measuring on track at 19weeks. The doctor said not to loose any sleep over the feet, and I assured him that is not what keeps us up at night (barking dogs, street sweepers, and the sounds of birds chirping way too early in the morning have that covered). He also said that I need to come back to meet with a different dietitian on Friday to start the finger pricking, and then back in two weeks to meet with both him and the dietitian on the blood sugar levels and next set of growth measurements on the babies. I asked if they had a frequent flier program I could join for free beverages or food in the cafeteria, but apparently no such program exists.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!