Sunday, October 19, 2008

Picking Out a Pumpkin



Joseph and I went to Apple Hollar yesterday and met up with some cousins for some apple pickin and pumpkin patchin. He had fun eating apples covered with dirt (ok not covered, there were only a few times I couldn't get to an apple before he did) and as soon as he saw the pumpkin patch he went straight for the fatty pictured above. He tried to lift it but couldn't quite get the 16 pounder off the ground. He also enjoyed watching the billy goats they had at the hollar, and he may have enjoyed feeding them a few kernels of corn that apparently they were not supposed to have (who knew, I mean the warning was posted on signs and everything but that was after we saw the kernels lying on the ground). So we did some fun things this weekend, but in general Joseph wasn't in a very good mood. He seems to be going through another funk. Today he wouldn't stop crying unless he was sleeping, outside in his stroller, or in my arms while I walked around (meaning I had to be upright, no sitting down and cuddling, only standing). Needless to say I'm a bit tired and a bit relieved that he went to bed early. But he did let me sleep in until 7:30 this morning and hopefully he'll be happier tomorrow.

No comments: