Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Motivated by a Stranger


That's how the subject would read if we were writing an article on our activity last night. Every tuesday we head down to the park in the neighborhood for volleyball, and last night before the games started up we were just sitting around with our neighbors when Joseph started playing with one of the volleyballs. At first he was just doing his regular ball thing, throwing it and making fun noises, but then he started to walk with it. A few steps here, a few steps there. I think he was doing 5 or so with our neighbors but then a complete stranger (not as in kidnapper strange, but from a different block strange) sat down nearby and started playing with him. And would you believe that the little man took like 9 steps towards her? I'm hoping the volleyball was the motivating factor in this story and not the stranger, else we might have to actually start meeting new people to get him to learn how to walk. In the meantime, I've strategically placed a volleyball in the center of the basement amongst his other toys.
And yes, I do realize the picture has nothing to do with the story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a cute little DUDE!!!!!