Sunday, February 10, 2008
Brrrrrrrrrrreakfast
Emphasis on the Brrrrrrr. We just got back from breakfeast at our neighbors, and it's a whopping -4 outside (which doesn't take into account the "arctic winds" the weathermen have been weathering about). Joseph doesn't seem to mind though and he continues to amaze us with his many developments.....he started waving goodbye, he claps and dances while sitting, and basically will mimic whatever you do. One night he looked at us during dinner and said "Ma ma". Though I'm sure he had no idea of the magnitude of his statement. But it was a distinct two syllable "Ma ma" as opposed to the usual "ra ra ra ra" or "ma ma ma ma ma". (I immediately tried to start teaching him "Da da" instead.) He's actually quite the talker now, and loves to listen to himself make noises and plays with his hand against his mouth to make all sorts of funny sounds. Sleeping however, does not come as quickly as it used to. One morning this week I walked into his room and found him sitting in his crib, happily playing by himself. Jay and I were so proud of our little man, and so happy over his newest
achievement. But we soon came to realize that this meant that putting him down for a nap or bedtime was no longer as simple as it used to be. So sometimes he falls right asleep, other times he sits up and plays and then falls asleep in a hunched over face plant position, and for the past two nights he has actually freaked out after rolling on to his belly and then won't fall back asleep unless you stay in the room with him. I have now resorted to crawling out of his room on all fours so as not to wake the monster inside the crib. Yes, I'm now one of those parents. 

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment