Thursday, February 21, 2008

5 New Phrases to Describe Joseph

1) Attitude - well no surprise on this one, it was bound to surface at some point! Joseph does not react kindly to having anything taken away from him, and we've used "substitution" as our main form of combat in this regard. Wiping his face, hands, or nose will also set him into a fit of rage.
2) Separation Anxiety - not exactly anxiety....but at times he does get upset if you walk away from him and for the first time at daycare this morning he actually got upset when I left. (I think it's determined by his mood, because he only does this when he's tired or has just gotten upset about something else).
3) Socialite - the little man does enjoy going out on the town, interacting with people, looking around at things, and playing with other kids. He's very easy to take out to dinner at this stage, so we've been doing it quite often. (Though we're on a ticking clock while we're out as he is ready to pass out by 7)
4) Food Lover - he just can't get enough of it! We made homemade mac n cheese for him, he's had pancakes, meatballs, gnocchi, and has experienced an endless variety of other foods....and I swear he can pack in as much as a 10 year old. Which is probably why we couldn't get a pair of his pants to snap the other day.
5) Mobile - he may not be doing it in the most elegant manner, but he is definitely crawling. It doesn't always look like crawling, but he can move from one end of the room to the other in a matter of seconds.
Hmmmmm.... if you change "separation anxiety" to "extrovert" or "doesn't like being alone" I think this description may actually fit me. (except that I generally stay awake past 7 and do not object to washing my face).

No comments: