Sunday, January 11, 2015
The Story of How Bear Bear lost his Arm
Bear has been with Leah since she was born....I'm not sure how he was selected from the many other stuffed animals but Bear (or more affectionately referred to by Leah at times as Bear Bear) has been Leah's sleep pal and comfort toy and Bunny has been Hannah's. As you can see, Bear is in pretty rough shape after 5 years of cuddling and traveling, and last fall Leah asked (in tears) if I could fix Bears arm. Previously I had already repaired a broken leg and a broken arm, but this time all Leah had was a paw so we decided it didn't make sense to sew the paw onto Bear's side. I didn't think to ask how his arm had fallen off because it had been barely hanging on for the past few months, but over Christmas Leah told the story of how Bear lost his arm in a freak accident at the Barbie mansion with the elevator. Makes perfect sense, and this picture seemed fitting for the story.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment