


Have I mentioned that the kids like dressing up? Pretty much any weekend that they have some time hanging around the house they are in costume, and while Jay was in India I took them to the zoo and let them go as Iron Man, a Bear, and a Puppy (since it only involved hats and masks). Then Robin had some fun cruising around the yard and blowing bubbles with my parents, and later everyone did some baking in the house (note Cinderella and Hannah in aprons). After we finished baking I offered Joseph a quarter to sweep up the kitchen floor, and he paused for thought and then responded with, "How about a dollar?". I did end up giving him a dollar, but only because I made him choose 4 clean up activities at a quarter a pop! He swept the kitchen floor, the dining room floor, made his bed, and put away the toys in the family room. Jay had him clean up his room the other day and today I am going to see if I can get him to put away his laundry again (while dressed up as a Power Ranger of course, as that is his selected outfit of the day!)
No comments:
Post a Comment