Saturday, July 28, 2012

Joseph Plays Ball

Joseph played t-ball this summer, and enjoyed not only the game but also going out for ice cream or buffalo wild wings with his dad after many of the games.  He not only experienced his first home run, but also his first Wendy's frosty.  One night I told Joseph that he was doing a good job at tball and I was glad he liked it and do you know what his response was?  "How do you know mom, you have never seen me play?"  Said in a very matter of fact voice and not with any ill intention.  But I of course then committed on the spot to having us all go to the next game (with the girls) which brought a huge smile to his face but mine quickly disappeared when I realized it was going to be 100 degrees that day.  Fortunately the clouds rolled in at the start of the game and the rain didn't come until well after, and Hannah and Leah were only slightly unamused, and best of all.....that was the night he hit his first home run.  And we now know that Hannah also likes wings.  Leah however, does not.  I think our list of food that all three of them enjoy is quite small - pasta, pizza, yogurt, green beans, grapes, cupcakes and goldfish. But back to baseball....Jay also took Joseph to see the Pirates play for the Brewers at Miller Park and that was another crazy hot day...but they had a very good time and even got a few autographs and watched the sausage race up close.  Joseph is learning more about the sport, and Jay is learning that it is ok for Joseph to like more than one team!

No comments: