Sunday, February 19, 2012

Our Kind of Crazy

Yesterday we took all three kids out to run some errands in the morning, and then feeling rather adventurous I brought everyone to the grocery store with me in the afternoon. Joseph and Hannah sat in the car attached to the front of the cart and Leah was seated up by me. Those things are hard to maneuver! I must have been having a crazy moment, but it actually wasn't too bad of an experience until the end when everyone was crying for a different reason while trying to load up to go home. Right now everyone is perfectly happy, watching their favorite show on tv (Scooby Do) while I catch up on pictures and the blog and work through putting away the final load of laundry which it feels like Jay and I have been doing all weekend. Jay is out getting two flat tires fixed (crazy...but at least it happened on the weekend and when we were both here) But in between loads and the other stuff I have also found time to start our 2010 photo album, order some more pictures to hang on the wall, and maybe if I'm lucky sometime in 2012 I will find the blog books and photo books that are still missing from the move. (I must have cleverly packed them somewhere and very smartly put the box where no one could possibly find it. Or maybe I'm crazy and I accidentally threw them away.) The kids have caught up on some of their favorite activities today as well....building towers with trio and lego blocks, Hannah doodling on the Doodler, Joseph running Leah around the house in a stroller meant for a doll. Right now Leah is actually walking around the family room telling everyone that it is "Clean Up Time! And at one point I heard phone ringing noises and found Hannah in our bedroom with phone in hand, for which she gave the simple explanation of "I was trying to call Grandma". (at one point there might have been a little craziness with Joseph getting frustrated and throwing fifty books out of his room into the hallway, and the girls may have struggled briefly with listening to me as they repeatedly screwed around with the xbox and stereo, but we're over that now and I'd prefer to talk about funner things). There has been a lot of fun stuff going on at school lately. The girls had two weeks of learning colors, and each day were assigned a different color to dress in. They were the purple experts, and made a poster of all things purple (which is actually one of their favorite colors, as they sometimes refer to themselves as Leah Purple and Hannah Pink. Hannah has also recently started referring to herself as Miss Hannah, so please use proper etiquette when in her presence) Joseph made a drum for one of his homework assignments out of a paint bucket and some glitter fish, and then everyone had a Valentine's Day Party which they all dressed up for, and Joseph celebrated his 100th day of 4K by bringing in 100 cheese balls that he counted out to share with his friends. And he is also signed up for 5 year old Kindergarten at Washington Elementary School! I actually ended up needing to go back to the school with his birth certificate so I brought the kids with me to check things out, and Joseph's first question was "Where are all the toys?" Which makes perfect sense since when you walk into our daycare you navigate through classrooms filled with fun stuff, not long hallways. And since Joseph is starting elementary school (which is crazy!), we're moving the girls to the daycare just a few blocks from our house, where Joseph will meet them after school. We'll see how the transition goes for everyone, but hopefully sometime this fall things will get a bit simpler. Will still be a crazy house full of crazy people and a crazy dog, but it's our kind of crazy!

No comments: