



Jay asked Joseph today who was in charge and Leah yelled out "Leah's in Charge!". And when Jay asked Joseph what we have for dinner on Thanksgiving along with pumpkin pie Joseph responded with "Casserole". Um good guess but no. He does however understand the concept of being thankful which is more important than the turkey anyway (even though the turkey is quite delicious) Joseph is more of a peanut butter and jelly guy, and recently he has started making his own sandwiches. Unfortunately I think that our school district is "nut free" which means we won't be able to take advantage of this next year. But back to the comedy....Hannah said something quite hillarious today as well, Jay and I can both remember how funny it was and that we cracked up, and that we were in the girl's bedroom, but neither of us can remember what she said. Good thing that on Sunday I remembered to send myself an email with a reminder of some other things to write about on the blog. One of the topics was "Hannah Pink". Hannah has freaked out on several occasions when she has not been granted her wishes for pink. For example when she was forced to wear the dreaded purple mittens instead of the pink gloves. And the other morning when Leah was given the pink shirt and Hannah was left with the "other color". We have had similar crying fits when giving someone else at the dinner table the pink plate instead of Hannah. Needless to say, we have created a monster. I think we started this early on by always having her be the one in pink so that people could remember "Hot Pink Hannah". It can't be genetic, because I sure as hell don't feel the same way about the color. Though I've come to terms with it within the context of having two little ladies and it certainly doesn't bother me to have them wear it. Another funny tidbit about Joseph is that he frequently says "For real?" I suppose that could also come from me but I don't say that nearly as often as I say things like "Dude" and "Are you kidding me?" I took him shopping with me at Kohls last weekend and the funniest thing was that he thought that you could "borrow" toys from the store, so he kept loading up the cart with hot wheels and super hero stuff until it finally sunk in that the store in fact was not like the library and we had to pay for all of our items (and it was not his birthday, and it was not a holiday, and so on and so forth). And now in closing, an explanation for why Leah was able to boldly exclaim that she was "in charge", Leah is the one who repeats just about everything that comes out of your mouth. As you are talking to her she carries on a two way conversation with you by repeating in paraphrases what you have just said, using two or three word statements. It's quite amusing for now, but is really going to get me into some trouble later if she continues to repeat everything that comes out of my mouth.
No comments:
Post a Comment