Saturday, July 23, 2011

Water Babes



That's what all the kids have turned into....a bunch of fun lovin water babes. I thought I would be less nervous once Joseph knew how to swim.....but I was wrong. He now has no fear, and jumps in without his vest, goes all the way under, swims a few feet with his head down to get back to the side, or hops around on one foot to get to where he's going. Once he has the actual skills to go with the confidence he's developed, then I'll stop being nervous. For now there's a fine line between his version of swimming and my version of drowning. ;) The girls seem to be motivated by all the cool stuff Joseph is doing in the water too, and they have decided they like the pool enough to go in it and stay in it for more than a few minutes. Jay had Hannah kicking and blowing bubbles the other day! And of course once Leah saw this she tried it too. Now they are both crazy kickers and like to also float on their backs.....in the pool and in the bathtub. Today they both even laid on their bellies in the tub and stuck their faces in, and Leah dumped a cup of water over her own head! The three of them have been having a lot of fun together as you can see, and apparently Hannah had a little too much fun with one of the noodles. We're gonna have to keep an eye on that girl!

No comments: