Tuesday, June 21, 2011

A Good Day

Today was a pretty good day for everyone. On the way home we decided to have leftover pizza for dinner, and as everyone was finishing up somehow a cheerful screaming match broke out at the table. Leah was happily screaming as loud as she could, with Hannah chiming in (all smiles of course), and Joseph plugging his ears saying "It's Leah Mommy, It's Leah!". It was cute at first but I did end up giving them more food in hopes that it would get them to stop. Jay usually asks Joseph what his best and worst part of the day was. And today when he asked about the worst part Joseph responded "when I didn't listen", out of habit I guess. Because then he thought about it and said "wait, I didn't have any worst parts today. It was a good day." And while I can still remember this, for Father's Day I took Joseph shopping to pick out a present for Jay, and I whispered in his ear and said "hey let's go shopping for daddy, and keep a secret". A few minutes later, he then said "Daddy we're going to go pick out a gift for you!". And then later he remembered it was supposed to be a secret and was very careful not to tell him what he picked out. But he did want to check several times to make sure it was properly hidden. And finally on Father's Day morning, he told Jay it was time for his present and he said "I'll give you one clue daddy, it's in mommy's room". But before giving Jay a chance to look, Joseph went straight to the closet, pulled out the surprise, and presented his dad with a nice new shiny soccer ball. Both of them were very excited. That was a good day too.

No comments: