Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Joseph the Helper

Joseph can be quite the helper with his little sisters. Last week he caught Leah pulling Hannah's hair and told her "No Leah, that is not nice", which was a nice thing he did for Hannah (even though Hannah and Leah were both giggling over the pulling of the hair). He also did a nice thing for Leah, and helped her get her Bear out of her crib (clearly this could not have been accomplished without oven mitts). He then gave her a kiss afterwards. I may have prompted him to do that. Other days he is not quite as helpful, but I am trying not to think about that right now. Tomorrow night will be his third attempt at eating the same dinner (chicken pot pie and green beans) and I hope that he has learned that he is not getting his way on this one. Jay reminded me tonight while I was feeling lousy that our pediatrician once told us that kids don't starve from going to bed without dinner. Thank goodness!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bet Joseph can out last the pot pie!! It may go bad before he eats it. His father never went to bed without dinner!!!! Another strike.

Unknown said...

Just to note... he did not outlast the pot pie. He ate it, and ate it all. He said, I like Chicken and I like Pie... but not Chicken Pie. Only things I like together are Hangleburgers. :)