
We have been having fun checking dvds out from the library, and tonight Joseph was excited to watch Diego's Dinosaur Adventure (who knew Diego would be under G and not D). I had all of 10 minutes before the library was closing and can you imagine how frantically my eyeballs were searching the shelves for anything recognizable?) Fortunately we had A Bug's Life on reserve, and G was strategically located directly to the right of D so I caught that cute little spanish speaking child out of the corner of my eye just as the librarian was announcing "make your selection it's time to check out!". But the rule is, before we play outside or watch a movie, we have to eat our dinner. Joseph agreed to eat "just chicken" on the way home, but I reminded him once again that he must have some vegetables. A battle that I of course win every time, but in order to get to that point I told him that he had to have vegetables so that he could get stronger. To which he replied, "but mommy, I am strong enough. I don't need the vegetables". I paused briefly, and then went the route that any logical parent would go, and rebutted with "you will eat vegetables, or there will be no Diego". And so Joseph enjoyed a little bit of chicken with a little bit of vegetables and a little bit of blueberries (his words). He is much stronger now.
No comments:
Post a Comment