Saturday, March 27, 2010

State of Sleep & Present Activities




As it turns
out, even if your kids are sleepers, that doesn't mean you get to sleep through the night. 1 toddler needing nightlight and tucked in + 2 babies going through growth spurts and teething + 1 lab with a delicate digestive system and a mom who has bionic hearing = maybe 3 full nights of sleep each week. At least that is how it's been the past month or so. It seems that we are kind of getting back into the grove of sleeping now so we'll see what spring will bring. So far it's brought us dead grass and lots of new tulips. Looking forward to the tulips blooming but not so much planting more grass. (Perhaps we should just turn our side yard into a sandpit.) And did you catch the mention of teething? That's right....Hannah and Leah are both working on those bottom chompers. I'm sure it will be a month or more before they surface but they are on the move. For now the girls are into the mushy solids....oatmeal, green beans, peas, and squash are the items on the menu this weekend. Next week we'll start sweet potatoes and then it's on to the fruits! (I personally am looking forward to bananas.) As far as present activities, when I started writing Leah was downstairs hanging out on her tummy with Jay and Joseph was showing Hannah how to use the excersaucer. He gets very excited when we take out a "new toy" and he's been digging all the rattles and chew toys. And since it's actually been 30 minutes since I first started this blog entry, all kids are now down for a nap. And now the question of whether to join them, or clean. Let's see....a flavorful coffee will wake me up but who is going to put away all of our crap?

1 comment:

Caty said...

Hey Jessica. Gina told me about your blog. Our kids are about the same age, and we have a RoscoeDog too!

Your kids are just darling, I love reading about what they are up to.

We to have a sleep problem at our house too, and i dont do very well with a lack of sleep, either...

I write about my kids too: http://rumblebrumble.blogspot.com

Take care!