This morning when I walked into Joseph's room he made a noise that was part whine part scream. (and not because I woke him up, he was already awake with the light on) When I asked him if he wanted me to leave, he said yes, I left, and the noise stopped. Easy peasy.
Some things are not as easy to resolve. Like not wanting to go inside after playing outside. Or wanting to watch Nemo everyday. And so the question is, which method is better.....reasoning or forcing? I tend to lean towards negotiating tactics when confronted with a tantrum. "If you put on your coat, then you can have a vitamin" (side note: whoever came up with the idea of gummy bear vitamins was a genius).
Joseph picks up new words every day so it is getting easier to communicate. His favorite phrases of the moment are:
"Apple Juice" (he gets very happy while drinking it, and lets you know by wistfully repeating the phrase after each sip)
"Rosco no Rosco stop" (clearly he learned this from me)
"Mommy sit" (usually accompanied by Joseph pointing to the exact spot he wants you to sit on)
"Daddy up" (translation: Daddy pick me up)
Thursday, March 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment